Upper Arlington News

City notes

Yearly invoices mailed to UA residents


It's that time of year when residents will have just received their annual invoice from the city for the stormwater utility, solid waste service fee, and in some cases, a neighborhood lighting utility fee.

The collected stormwater utility funds are used to defray the costs of the city's deteriorating storm drainage system, which in some areas of Upper Arlington is close to 70 years old. This fee is currently $45 per household per year.

The solid waste service fee of $40 helps spread the costs for providing all components of solid waste services to the community more evenly and allows the city to continue collecting recycling materials at no extra charge. Residents can also select premium "at the door" service for an additional $150.

The deadline for sending back payment in full is Wednesday, March 20. For your convenience, you have several payment options:

* Online: Visit uaoh.net and click on the "Online Payment" homepage link, with your invoice account number and Visa, MasterCard or Discover card ready.

* By mail: Send a check or money order and the completed invoice return slip using the enclosed envelope.

* In person: Visit the Finance & Administrative Services Department during office hours at 3600 Tremont Road. You can pay by check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or cash. Bring your invoice or invoice number.

* By phone: Call the Finance & Administrative Services Department at 614-583-5280 during regular office hours, with your invoice number and Visa, MasterCard or Discover card at the ready.

If you have questions about your invoice, contact the Finance & Administrative Services Department at 614-583-5280. You can also find additional details about stormwater and solid waste services online at uaoh.net.

You also will have found a small membership flier from the UA Civic Association with your stormwater bill, seeking an early donation to support community events like the Fourth of July and the Golden Apple Awards.

If you do send in your membership dues early, please keep the UACA payment separate from your city payment. You can either visit uaca.org to pay online or you can send a check made payable to UACA to P.O. Box 21171, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221.

Theodore J. Staton is Upper Arlington's city manager.