A motorcycle ride in Sunday's warm temperatures didn't end well for an Upper Arlington man.
Police charged him March 10 with speeding (55 mph in a 25 mph), OVI, no motorcycle endorsement and use of tags to another vehicle after he allegedly sped up on his motorcycle while being followed by an officer on Cranford Road, Kioka Avenue and Bristol Road.
According to police, the man nearly struck several children playing in the driveway he pulled into before being ordered to the ground. He refused a field-sobriety test and later refused a breath test, police said.
In other police reports:
* A prepaid mobile telephone valued at $34.95 was reported stolen March 10 from a business in the 3200 block of Tremont Road.
* Officers charged a man with OVI, OVI per se and a marked lanes violation March 10 following a stop near North Star and Waltham roads. His blood-alcohol level measured 0.215, police said.
* Following a stop for slow speed in the 4700 block of Riverside Drive March 9, a woman allegedly performed poorly on a field sobriety test and was charged with OVI and OVI per se. Her blood-alcohol level measured 0.185, police said.
* A woman who was stopped March 9 for a marked lanes violation in the 3500 block of Riverside Drive performed poorly on a field-sobriety test, police said. She was charged with OVI and refusal of a blood-alcohol test with a prior OVI within the past 20 years.
* Following a traffic stop March 9 on West Lane Avenue, a Worthington man was charged with OVI and a marked lanes violation.
* Officers from Upper Arlington and Columbus collected six firearms March 7 from a residence in the 4200 block of Braunton Road.
According to police reports, the weapons were allegedly purchased illegally by a man who had a previous felony conviction.
* An unauthorized charge of $500 was reported made March 7 against a credit card of a man living in the 2600 block of Shrewsbury Road.
* Two bicycles valued at a total of $3,599 and six bike accessories valued at a total of $378.99 were reported stolen March 5 from a home in the 2400 block of Swansea Road.
* A total of $1,126.65 in unauthorized charges were reported made March 4 against a credit account of a company in the 1800 block of Riverside Drive.
* Officers discovered a business in the 2000 block of West Henderson Road had been broken into March 3, and $200 cash was stolen. Additionally, damages to two of the cash registers and the front door totaled $601.