The theft of $7,000 from a home in the 4200 block of Oxford Drive led police to file several charges against a man.
Officers were called to the home at 2:36 p.m. March 20 after a family member reported the man had stolen the money from the home and later admitted he took the cash to buy drugs.
The man told police he had a small amount of heroin in his bedroom. After being taken to the room, officers said they recovered one gram of heroin and two syringes.
The man was charged with possession of heroin, possession of drug abuse instruments and theft.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* Police charged a woman, whom they did not identify in the reports, with illegal processing of drug documents and deception to obtain a dangerous drug after she allegedly attempted to obtain 120 prescription painkillers by forging a prescription using a stolen prescription pad at a pharmacy in the 3200 block of Tremont Road at 7:05 p.m. March 20.
According to police, the woman claimed she was a nurse's aide who was picking up Percocet pills for a patient. However, when police called the doctor's office where the woman said she was employed, the office manager reported the prescription pad had been stolen in October 2012 and the patient for whom the prescription was written was not a patient at the practice.
The woman was taken to Franklin County Jail.
* A catalytic converter valued at $1,600 was reported stolen from a woman's vehicle while it was parked in the 1800 block of Riverside Drive between 10 a.m. March 17 and 7 a.m. March 19. Another catalytic converter valued at $800 was stolen from a second vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Riverside Drive between 8 p.m. March 18 and 7 a.m. March 19.
* A $300 purse, a $100 purse and a $50 wristlet all were reported stolen from a woman's vehicle between 5:20 p.m. and 5:25 p.m. March 21 after someone broke out a window while the vehicle was parked at Riverside Methodist Church, 2701 Zollinger Road. Damage to the window was listed at $200.
* A leg to a piece of furniture and a metal doorknob were thrown through a window at a home in the 1800 block of Kentwell Road at approximately 3 p.m. March 21. The window and frame were valued at $600.
* The rear window was broken out of a vehicle parked in the 1700 block of Roxbury Road between 11 p.m. March 23 and 10 a.m. March 24. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.