City of Upper Arlington Board of Zoning and Planning
7 p.m. April 15
Council Chambers Municipal Services Center 3600 Tremont Road
The Board of Zoning and Planning of Upper Arlington welcomes all comments from the audience related to items on this agenda.
Groups of residents who are interested in the same agenda items are encouraged to select a spokesperson for the purpose of addressing the Board. Those who wish to participate in the open discussion of a particular item should stand, be verbally recognized by the chairman, state name and address for the purpose of city records, be sworn in, and make comments.
Upon request to the City Clerk's office, special accommodations (i.e. interpreting services, audio recording, etc.) for persons with disabilities will be arranged for any city meeting open to the public. Requests for special accommodations should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance. Contact the City Clerk's office at 614-583-5032 for additional information. For agendas, staff reports, minutes and other details, visit the city's website, uaoh.net.
1. MN-04-13 -- Review and approval of the April 1, 2013, BZAP Work Session and March 18, 2013, BZAP minutes. 6773.
II. Variances/Conditional Uses
2. Mike and Karla Pierce, 1870 Tewksbury Road, Garage Size, BZ-07-13, R-1c, Article 5.02.
Request of property owners Mike and Karla Pierce to permit the construction of a 768-square foot three-car detached garage, which exceeds the maximum garage area limit by 111 square feet. 6772.
3. Lawrence and Dolores Geer, 2944 Welsford Road, Rear Yard, BZ-06-13, R-1c, Rear Yard, Article 5.02.
Request of Suncraft Corp., on behalf of property owners Lawrence and Dolores Geer, for review and approval of a screened porch which would encroach six feet into the 30-foot rear yard setback. 6771.
4. Patrick and Kristine Devine, 4035 Kioka Ave., Amend Variance, BZ-20-12, R-1b, Article 4.09.
Request of property owners Patrick and Kristine Devine to amend the approved site plan for variance BZ-20-12 to retain and expand an existing standard concrete driveway in lieu of a porous concrete replacement. Referred from April 1, 2013, work session. 6784.
Ill. Development/Site Plans
5. Bruce Sommerfelt, SignCom, 1600 Lane Ave., Graphics Plan, AD-04-13, PMUD, Article 6.06.
Request of Bruce Sommerfelt of SignCom Inc., on behalf of Lane Avenue Redevelopment LLC, for review and approval of a comprehensive graphics plan for The Lane. 6768.
6. Jeff Johnson, 5025 Arlington Centre Blvd., Appeal, RQ-02-13, ORC, Article 4.10.
Appeal by Pike Legal Group, on behalf of Jeff Johnson, of staff's determination to deny a building permit for a new retail jewelry store in the CRC, Office and Research District. Staff denied Building Permit 2013-00000059 on Jan. 29, 2013. 6741.
Next scheduled BZAP Work Session: 7 p.m. May 6, 2013.