Upper Arlington Library
The following programs are offered by the Upper Arlington Public Library system. For more information, visit ualibrary.org.
2800 Tremont Road
• Hear a story then build a related LEGO creation at "LEGO Lit" at 4 p.m. Thursday, April 11. For grades K-4. Registration is required.
• Rebecca Howard of the History of Art Department at Ohio State University presents "Artemisia Gentileschi: Rape, Ritual and Recognition" at 1:30 p.m. Friday, April 12. Learn about 17th century artist Gentileschi's choice of subjects in relation to a tragic event in her life.
• Kids ages 7-10 can "Meet John Novak, Giants Beware! Colorist" at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 13. Learn about the art of color in comic books and graphic novels. Registration is required.
• "Celebrate UA History" from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 14. This celebration marks the 100th anniversary of the sale of the land that would become Upper Arlington. There will be activities, refreshments and special guests, including the granddaughters of UA founders King Thompson and James T. Miller. Children can make "Centennial Crafts" from 3 to 4 p.m. as part of the celebration.
• The annual "Volunteer UA Expo" will be held from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 17. Discover organizations that are seeking help from people like you. At 7 p.m., Shirley Brooks Jones will speak on being "The Accidental Volunteer."
• The "UAPL Book Circle" will meet at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, to discuss The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
• "Explore China" with Marita King as she presents stories and images of her trip to this country at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
• "Spring Storytimes" run through May 2. "Babytime" (ages 0-24 months) meets at 10:15 a.m. Mondays and 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays. "Tales for Twos and Threes" (ages 2-3 years) meets 11:15 a.m. Mondays and 10:15 a.m. Thursdays. "Preschool" (ages 3 1/2-6 years) meets at 10:15 a.m. Tuesdays and 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays. "Family Evening Storytime" (all ages) meets 7 p.m. Mondays.
Lane Road Library
1945 Lane Road
• ESOL adults are invited to "Let's Speak English" at 1 p.m. Mondays. Practice English in small groups with experienced tutors.
• The "UAPL Book Circle" will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, to discuss The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.