Medical instruments, including two examination scopes, valued at a total of $15,000 were stolen after a window to a vehicle was broken in the 1900 block of Berkshire Road between 10:15 p.m. July 7 and 6 a.m. July 8.
All the property was returned to the owner after Ohio State University police recovered his medical bag on Lane Avenue, west of North Star Road, and Upper Arlington police recovered a medical scope on Coventry Road, just south of Lane Avenue.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A variety of tools valued at a total of $725 and building supplies valued at $52 were reported stolen from a contractor working at a building in the 1800 block of West Henderson Road between 10 p.m. July 13 and 8 a.m. July 14.
According to the police report, the rear door of the building was forced open to gain entry.
In addition to the tools and building supplies, $1,000 worth of copper pipes and a water meter were taken. There also was an attempt to cut copper lining from an electrical panel in the building, but the power to the panel was live.
Upper Arlington police found a small amount of blood at the scene, as well as a drinking cup and a hacksaw.
* A resident in the 1900 block of Ridgecliff Road reported someone forged numerous personal checks to make at least $2,250 charges against her account. She told police she believed her checkbook was stolen from her house while she was in the hospital between March 1 and May 1.
* A natural gas detector and case valued at $5,000 and miscellaneous tools valued at $1,500 were reported stolen from the bed of a truck parked in the 1700 block of West Lane Avenue between 10 p.m. July 4 and 7 a.m. July 5.
* A television, Internet router, iPad, desktop computer, credit card and wallet were reported stolen from a couple's home in the 2500 block of Lane Road between 2:15 and 6:02 p.m. July 13. Police did not provide a value of the stolen items.
* A handgun, television, computer, suitcase, jewelry and jewelry box, no values listed, were reported stolen from a residence in the 1800 block of North Star Road between 8:30 and 11:10 a.m. July 13.
* Police determined someone burglarized three apartments in the 1800 block of North Star Road between 10:30 and 11:47 a.m. July 12. Items taken included a television valued at $750 and other property valued at $350.
* Two generators valued at $1,366 and $950, respectively, were reported stolen from a garage in the 2500 block of Edington Road between noon July 7 and 2 a.m. July 14. Entry was gained after someone removed a garage door opener from the woman's vehicle, police reports said.
* A Chillicothe woman reported someone threw a fire extinguisher through the front windshield of her vehicle while it was parked in the 1700 block of Riverhill Road between 10 p.m. July 9 and 6 a.m. July 10.