An employee of Starbucks Coffee, 3235 Tremont Road, reported at 6:59 p.m. Sept. 17 that an unknown male reached inside the drive-through window of the business and stole a tip jar containing approximately $25.
Shortly after receiving the report, an Upper Arlington police officer spotted the man's vehicle in the parking lot of a gas station near the intersection of Lane Avenue and North Star Road and initiated a traffic stop.
The officer detained the driver and a male passenger, and $9.86 was recovered from the vehicle.
Later, the driver -- who wasn't named in the police report -- was identified by a Starbucks' employee as the culprit and police charged him with theft. His passenger was released without being charged.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* A 2003 blue Honda Accord was reported stolen from near the corner of Lane Road and Kipling Drive between 11 p.m. Sept. 20 and noon Sept. 21.
* Employees at a dental office in the 3300 block of Tremont Road reported someone broke two windows of the office and entered between 10:45 and 11:04 p.m. Sept. 19. Nothing was reported stolen.
* An iPhone was reported stolen from a Columbus man while he was performing landscaping work at a home in the 1900 block of Collingswood Drive between 5 and 5:30 p.m. Sept. 18.
* An envelope containing $10, a driver's license and an insurance card was reported stolen from a pocket of an Upper Arlington man's wheelchair at First Community Village, 1801 Riverside Drive, between 12:01 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. Sept. 13.
* An 83-year-old man living in the 1900 block of Ridgecliff Road was charged with domestic violence and assault after allegedly pushing an 83-year-old woman to the ground during an argument at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 18. The woman struck a dresser on the way to the floor, causing a bruise on her forearm, according to police.