The city of Upper Arlington will provide leaf collection services to residents free-of-charge from Monday, Oct. 14, through Dec. 6, weather permitting.
Residents should not place leaves at the curb until the program begins. They should follow these guidelines when taking advantage of this program:
* Place loose-raked leaves close to the edge of the street.
* Leaf piles should not exceed four feet in width and be no further than two feet behind the curb.
* Do not place any rocks, sticks or other objects in leaf piles.
* Keep leaf piles away from sign posts, light poles, trees and mailboxes.
* Do not allow leaf piles to block storm sewers as this can increase the chance of flooding in the event of heavy rain.
* As the program draws to a close, the last weekend for raking is Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, for final collection the week of Dec. 2.
For additional details, call the Streets Division at 614-583-5380 or visit uaoh.net.