The following programs are offered by the Upper Arlington Public Library system. For more information, visit ualibrary.org.
2800 Tremont Road
* Adults whose native language is not English can join "Current Events Discussion for ESOL Adults" at 10 a.m. each Wednesday through Nov. 20. Registration is required.
* Children in grades K-4 are invited to "LEGO Lit" at 4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10. Read a story and build related creations out of LEGOs. Registration is required.
* Erin Ford from Whole Foods Market presents "Breakfast: The Most Important Meal" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10. Register through the online program calendar.
* "Books and Blocks" will meet at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Children ages 3-6 can hear stories and build with LEGO Duplo bricks. Registration is required.
* The series of "Cinema According to Roman Polanski" continues at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, with a showing of Death and the Maiden.
* Sara Klein, the library's Digital Collections Coordinator, leads "Beginning Genealogy Using Online Databases" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. Discover how to set up a free Ancestry.com account to keep track of your family tree.
* The "UAPL Book Circle" meets at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, to discuss The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson.
* Local author Jody Casella visits to help teens and adults "Write a Novel in 30 Days." The first of her three visits will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16. She'll get you psyched to participate in National Novel Writing Month in November.
* Erin Ford from Whole Foods Market returns to present "Snacking Does Not Equal Junk Food" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17.
Lane Road Library
1945 Lane Road
* Families can do "Fairy House Building" at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Create natural fairy houses in Thompson Park using materials such as bark, dried flowers, leaves and pine cones. Registration is required.
* "Let's Speak English" is an opportunity for adults to practice speaking with ESOL-trained volunteers. The group meets each Monday through Dec. 16, at 1 p.m.
* The "UAPL Book Circle" meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, to discuss The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson.
* The "Teen Wednesdays" series meets at 5 p.m. each Wednesday through Nov. 6. Those in grades 6-12 can join for crafts, games and parties with a different theme each week and no registration required. On Oct. 16, participants will make button pins.