The following programs are offered by the Upper Arlington Public Library system. For more information, visit ualibrary.org.
2800 Tremont Road
* Erin Ford from Whole Foods Market returns to present "Snacking Does Not Equal Junk Food" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17.
* Students in grades 5-12 can make "Scary Cupcakes and Zombie Marshmallows" at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19. Registration is required.
* Need help downloading the library's eBooks to your device? Come to the "eReader Q & A" anytime from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, and get a 15-minute session with a staff member who'll help you get started.
* Dr. Tim Conrad and Officer Don Stanko visit to present "Staying Safe on Social Media" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22. Learn strategies to improve the privacy and safety of your social media use. Recommended for ages 16 and up.
* Adults whose native language is not English can join "Current Events Discussion for ESOL Adults" each Wednesday through Nov. 20, at 10 a.m. Registration is required.
* Marita King presents "Winter in Oaxaca: A Guide for the Ohio Snowbird" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23.
* Erin Ford from Whole Foods Market returns to present "Sweet Endings: Healthy Desserts" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24.
Lane Road Library
1945 Lane Road
* "Let's Speak English" is an opportunity for adults to practice speaking with ESOL-trained volunteers. The group meets each Monday through Dec. 16, at 1 p.m.
* Kids in grades 3-5 can play "Book Title Bingo" at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22. Snacks and prizes are included. Registration is required.
* The "Teen Wednesdays" series meets each Wednesday at 5 p.m. through Nov. 6. Those in grades 6-12 can join others for crafts, games and parties with a different theme each week and no registration required. On Oct. 23, popcorn and anime will be featured.
* Come to the "Pumpkin Painting Party" at 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 24. There will be a special storytime, then a chance to paint a mini pumpkin. Registration is required.
Miller Park Library
1901 N.W. Arlington Ave.
* Preschoolers are invited to "Sing-a-Story" with Brian Griffin and his guitar at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 18.
* Enjoy some "Halloween Crafts" at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23. For ages 3 and up.