Multiple charges filed against Columbus resident
Police charged a 58-year-old Columbus man with OVI after responding to a report that a man was driving erratically in the parking lot of a restaurant in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive at 6:55 p.m. Oct. 21.
When detained, the man was observed drooling and slurring his speech, according to the police report. While being taken to police headquarters for processing, officers said he began screaming and slammed his head against a plastic barrier in the police cruiser.
At the police station, officers said the man urinated in his pants and on the floor, and continued to be combative.
He subsequently was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license, driving under suspension, physical control while under the influence and prior refusal to sobriety tests within the past 20 years.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* A bicycle valued at $300 was reported stolen from the front yard of a residence in the 3400 block of Redding Road between 4 and 7:27 p.m. Oct. 27. The boy who reported the theft said a bike of lesser value was left in the yard.
* An electric guitar valued at $1,000 and a guitar case valued at $500 were reported stolen from the 2200 block of Shoreham Road after an Upper Arlington man left the items outside a friend's house while unloading equipment and drove away between midnight and 12:10 a.m. Oct. 27.
* An estimated $10,000 worth of jewelry was reported stolen from a home in the 1900 block of Cambridge Boulevard between 10:45 a.m. and 5 p.m. Oct. 22. The resident reported his residence was left unlocked and no one was home at the time of the theft, and it appeared someone had entered the residence and gone through a bedroom closet and dresser drawers.
* Approximately $720 worth of clothing was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of North Star Road between 2:30 p.m. Oct. 21 and 10:30 a.m. Oct. 22.
* A man's watch valued at $100 and an iPod valued at $100 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of North Star Road between 10 p.m. Oct. 21 and 6 a.m. Oct. 22. Entry was gained by breaking out a window, which caused $250 in damage, police said.
* The side window of a vehicle was broken out while it was parked in the 1800 block of North Star Road between 10 p.m. Oct. 21 and 6 a.m. Oct. 22.
* Two diamond rings valued at a total of $7,200 were reported stolen from a residence in the 3700 block of Ritamarie Drive between Aug. 8 and Oct. 6.
* A diamond bracelet valued at $3,000, earrings valued at $700 and another bracelet valued at $500 were reported stolen from a home in the 2300 block of Woodstock Road between noon Oct. 18 and 1:04 p.m. Oct. 19.
* A cellular telephone valued at $400 was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the 2500 block of Northwest Boulevard between 8 p.m. Oct. 18 and 9 a.m. Oct. 19.
* A bike valued at $99 was reported stolen from a playground in the 2000 block of Northam Road between 6:36 and 6:46 p.m. Oct. 18.
* Two bicycles, valued at a total of $500, were reported stolen from a front porch in the 1400 block of Kingsgate Road between noon and 4 p.m. Oct. 16.