Upper Arlington police charged a Bowling Green man with disorderly conduct on New Year's Eve after he was found pounding on doors of a home on North Star Road, allegedly under the influence of alcohol.
According to police, the 24-year-old man was yelling the name of someone who didn't reside at the home where he knocked on multiple doors at about 11:37 p.m. Dec. 31.
Upon arrival, police found the man walking around the garage side of the home. He had a strong smell of alcohol about him and had urinated on himself, police reports said.
Police said the man provided several different stories about why he was in the area and different names of people he was attempting to contact.
"He could not even tell how he had gotten there," the officer's report said. "It was clear that (the suspect) was unable to take care of himself and would most likely annoy or alarm others again. I placed him under arrest for disorderly conduct."
Police said they were unable to get in touch with anyone to pick up the man, so he was transported to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent incident reports from the Upper Arlington Division of Police:
• A man living in the 2800 block of Chateau Circle reported he gave a woman permission to borrow his vehicle to purchase milk at a nearby store at 9 p.m. Dec. 31, but she had not returned after three hours. In addition to the vehicle, the man reported his wallet and $600 were taken.
• A resident of the 1200 block of Windham Road reported Jan. 3 she was notified by her bank that several of fraudulent checks were written on her account between Nov. 6 and Dec. 8, in amounts totaling $2,558. She told officers the forgeries followed the August theft of a $110 check she wrote to her cleaning lady, from the cleaning lady's vehicle. The checks were forged with a suspect's name and the victim's address, police said.
• Unauthorized charges totaling $5,465 were made on a credit card of a woman living in the 2900 block of Halstead Road between Sept. 11 and Oct. 10. According to the woman, she closed the account in 2007.
• A purse valued at $250, $50 in cash and $85 in gift cards were stolen from a Columbus woman's shopping cart as she was loading groceries into her car outside a store in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
• The front driver's side tire of a vehicle parked in the 2500 block of Charing Road was punctured between 8 p.m. Dec. 28 and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 29. The owner also reported there was a three-inch scratch on the driver's side door and a dent above the damaged tire.
• An obscenity was scratched into the driver's side door of a vehicle parked in the 2600 block of Charing Road between 6:30 p.m. Dec. 28 and 9:45 a.m. Dec. 29. The vandalism caused $400 in damages, according to police.
• Two driver's side tires were punctured and the driver's side door was scratched on a vehicle in the 2200 block of Nottingham Road between 6 p.m. Dec. 28 and 2:20 p.m. Dec. 29.
• Two tires were slashed on a vehicle owned by a North Bend woman while the vehicle was parked in the 2200 block of Cranford Road between 4:45 p.m. Dec. 26 and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 27.
• Police received a report of a burglary in the 4200 block of Woodbridge Road believed to have occurred between 10 a.m. Dec. 25 and 8 a.m. Dec. 26. A leather purse valued at $50 and a credit card were taken.
• A rear window was broken out of a Columbus man's vehicle while it was parked in the 2700 block of Cranford Road between 4 p.m. Dec. 24 and 8 a.m. Dec. 25, causing $350 worth of damage.