Upper Arlington police received a number of reports of vehicle break-ins on Prestwick and Chowning courts that occurred last weekend.
At least eight vehicles parked in the 3500 blocks of both Prestwick and Chowning courts were broken into Feb. 21 and 22, according to reports.
In each case, the victims reported the windows were shattered while they were parked on the streets or in carports.
Prestwick and Chowning courts are located within one mile of each other.
Each of the reports from victims on Prestwick stated their vehicles were broken into after 11 p.m. Feb. 21 but before 7:30 a.m. Feb. 22.
On Chowning, victims reported the incidents occurred between 1 and 6 a.m. Feb. 22.
In some cases, thefts also occurred. The stolen items range in value from $3 to $100. They included a global-positioning system device, an Ohio State University cap, loose change and personal papers.
In other cases, the owners reported someone went through the interiors of their vehicles, but nothing was taken.
In other Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
• An undisclosed amount of jewelry was reported stolen from a home in the 1500 block of Cardiff Road between 4:30 and 8 p.m. Feb. 20. According to the police report, at least one person appeared to have entered the home via a bathroom window, which was broken during the incident. Two upstairs bedrooms also were ransacked.
• Earrings valued at $200, a 1978 Ohio State University synchronized swim team ring valued at $200, bracelets valued at $500 and watches valued at $300 were reported stolen from a home in the 1400 block of Ashdowne Road between 7 and 7:55 p.m. Feb. 13.
According to police, entry was gained by prying open a rear garage door open with a flat-head screwdriver.
• A man living in the 1800 block of McCoy Road was charged with criminal trespassing after he allegedly refused to leave an Upper Arlington High School basketball game after being asked to do so multiple times around 8:45 p.m. Feb. 10.
• A wedding band valued at $6,000 was reported stolen from a home in the 1700 block of Barrington Road between 8 a.m. Feb. 6 and 11:32 a.m. Feb. 10.
• A piece of jewelry valued at $8,500 was reported missing from a home in the 1900 block of MacKenzie Drive at 9:33 a.m. Feb. 18.
• A man in the 1900 block of Malvern Road filed reports with the UAPD and the Ohio Attorney General's Office at 9 a.m. Feb. 14 after he paid $3,170 to two people to provide construction services at his home, but the men did not do the work.
• Police responded to a report of Upper Arlington High School students allegedly smoking an unknown substance in a vehicle parked in the high school's parking lot, 1650 Ridgeview Road. Officers found the vehicle unoccupied when they arrived. Police entered the unlocked car and found a metal grinder and two glass smoking pipes exuding an aroma of marijuana.
School officials told police they did not have a student matching the last name on the vehicle's registration, but said the incident would be handled by the school.
• An unidentified number of people were charged with underage possession of alcohol after police responded to a report of an underage party at 9:30 p.m. Feb. 22 at a home in the 2700 block of Crafton Park.