Jewelry valued at $18,000 was reported stolen from an Upper Arlington home after the woman living there left a rear door unlocked.
Upper Arlington police are investigating an apparent burglary of the home in the 1900 block of Tremont Road, which is believed to have occurred between 12:30 and 3:45 p.m. May 1.
According to the victim, a total of $18,000 in jewelry was stolen from a walk-in closet in her master bedroom after someone entered her home through an unlocked rear door, and exited through the front door.
A construction worker involved in a project across the street from the house said he saw a white man in his 40s run out the front door before being picked up by another person driving a sport-utility vehicle that might have been a GMC Envoy.
The missing jewelry includes a wedding ring valued at $5,000, a silver necklace valued at $3,500, a bracelet valued at $3,000, a pearl necklace valued at $2,500, a gold bracelet valued at $1,000, a gold necklace valued at $1,000, a pearl necklace valued at $1,000 and silver earrings valued at $1,000.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
• A total of $3,421.29 worth of building materials were reported stolen from a Marion, Ohio, construction company while employees were working at a site near the corner of Waltham Road and Elmwood Avenue between 5 p.m. April 28 and 7:30 a.m. April 29.
• A man's bicycle valued at $120 was reported stolen from an open garage in the 3200 block of Somerford Road between 6 and 10 p.m. May 2.
• A man in the 4700 block of Bayford Court reported someone scratched the paint on his vehicle between April 25 and May 2..
• The passenger side window of a vehicle was broken out bnetween 4:30 p.m.and 5 p.m.May 1 while it was parked at St. Agatha Church, 1665 Andover Road.
• A briefcase valued at $50 was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 4200 block of Mountview Road between 11 p.m. April 30 and 7 a.m. May 1. Police reports said entry was gained by breaking out the rear window, which caused $250 in damage.
• Two firearms, values not provided, were reported stolen from a residence in the 2600 block of Edgevale Road between 5 p.m. April 26 and 5 p.m. April 29.