A Columbus man was charged with misdemeanor drug possession following a recent traffic stop that police said turned up more than 100 grams of marijuana.
The 20-year-old man, who lives on West Patterson Avenue in Columbus, was charged with possession of marijuana after his 1999 Toyota Camry was stopped by Upper Arlington police at the intersection of Kenny Road and Kingsdale Terrace at 8:11 p.m. June 30.
According to police, the driver allegedly made an improper turn at the intersection and failed to use his turn signal.
After approaching the vehicle, the reporting officer noted he smelled a "strong odor" of marijuana, and the man allegedly admitted there were drugs in the car.
The officer's search turned up approximately 134 grams of marijuana from two different locations in the car, police reports said.
In addition to drug possession, the man was charged with making an illegal turn and failing to use a turn signal.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
• A pop-up camper valued at $5,500 was reported stolen from a parking lot in the 2200 block of Riverside Drive between May 1 and June 29.
• Two gold rings valued at $1,100 and $500, respectively, were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1500 block of Stanford Road between June 1 and June 30.
• A camera bag valued at $200, a tablet computer valued at $160, a backpack valued at $100 and $100 in cash were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 4700 block of Reed Road between 7:50 and 10 p.m. July 1. Entry was gained by breaking out a driver's side window, according to police.
• A purse valued at $50 was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 2100 block of Riverside Drive between 5 and 8:38 p.m. July 2. Entry was gained by breaking out a rear passenger window, which caused $250 in damage, police said.
• A bicycle valued at $300 was reported stolen from an open garage in the 3400 block of Colchester Road between 1 and 3 p.m. July 3.
• A man in the 3700 block of Walhaven Road reported he was scammed out of $2,740 he paid through a PayPal account for a deposit on a rental property advertised on Vrbo.com June 25. After the transaction was completed, police reports said the website informed the man the listing he paid for was fraudulent.
• A Danbury, Conn., man was charged with disorderly conduct after police were called to a restaurant in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road at 12:32 a.m. July 1 on a report that the man was intoxicated and beating on the restaurant's drive-through window. He was transported to Franklin County jail after failing to provide his address or telephone number and refusing to answer police questions or sign documents.
• A bag of concrete mix valued at $3,000 was reported stolen from a construction site in the 2500 block of Onandaga Drive between 3 p.m. June 27 and 6:50 a.m. July 1.
• A glass vase valued at $300 and two televisions and a wooden jewelry case, values not provided, were reported stolen from a home in the 2800 block of Canterbury Lane between 7:45 p.m. June 30 and 8:30 a.m. July 1.