Nearly $6,000 worth of items was reported stolen from an unlocked attached garage at an Upper Arlington home last week.
A resident in the 2200 block of Tewksbury Road reported someone entered his unlocked garage between 6 p.m. July 8 and 9:20 a.m. July 9 and took personal property, as well as items left in the garage while his home was being renovated.
The man reported a leather couch valued at $2,000 was stolen. In addition, several sheets of copper, valued at $3,200, $300, $150 and $32, respectively, were stolen from the Columbus construction company performing work on the house.
Additionally, sections of downspout valued at $300 belonging to the construction company were reported stolen from the garage.
Police had no suspects as of press time.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
• A 22-year-old Columbus man was charged with receiving stolen property at 9:09 p.m. July 13 in the 1500 block of West Lane Avenue after he was found driving a vehicle that had been reported stolen in Columbus.
• A tablet computer valued at $549 was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Berkshire Road between 5:30 p.m. July 12 and 7 a.m. July 13.
• Two computer scanners, no values provided, and $15 cash were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive between 7:30 and 10:36 p.m. July 11. Entry was gained by breaking out a rear door window, police reports said.
• Gift cards valued at $150 and a wallet were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Langston Drive between 9:40 p.m. July 9 and 3 p.m. July 10. Entry was gained by breaking out the passenger-side front window.
• A bicycle, two televisions, a DVD player and TV remote control, no values provided, were reported stolen from a couple's garage and home in the 2600 block of Alliston Court between July 2 and July 10.
• A necklace valued at $1,820, pearls and a diamond bracelet, no values provided, were reported stolen from a home in the 1200 block of Carron Drive between April 20 and June 27.