A confrontation over driving might have escalated further last week, if not for one person's concern for his sick cat.
Upper Arlington police spoke to two men Aug. 14 after the wife of one of the men reported a "road rage" incident occurred around 5:15 p.m. that day near the intersection of Riverside Drive and Nottingham Road.
According to a police report, the two men did not know each other, but they exchanged words following an undisclosed incident while driving.
The verbal volley eventually led to a physical altercation, but one of the men left the scene "because he wanted to get his sick cat home," the report stated.
After speaking with all parties, police decided not to file any charges.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
• Two 18-year-old Upper Arlington men and a juvenile boy, no age or address provided, were charged with underage consumption and criminal damaging after allegedly egging vehicles in the area of York and Wilshire roads between 11:24 and 11:38 p.m. Aug. 11.
• A wallet valued at $50, a Scioto Downs voucher, $400 in cash and various credit cards were reported stolen from a home in the 1700 block of Barrington Road between midnight and 11 a.m. Aug. 14.
• Two bicycles, valued at $2,500 and $450, respectively, were stolen from the front yard of a home in the 1600 block of Essex Road between 7:45 p.m. Aug. 13 and 7 a.m. Aug. 14.
• A bike valued at $670 was stolen from an open garage at a home in the 2600 block of Eastcleft Drive between 3 and 4 p.m. Aug. 12.
• A woman's bicycle valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from a garage in the 2200 block of Yorkshire Road between noon Aug. 11 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 12.
• A laptop computer valued at $1,735, a wireless tablet valued at $1,205, a pair of prescription sunglasses and case valued at $613, a cell phone valued at $550, two pairs of prescription glasses, valued at $489 and $378, respectively, a power cord valued at $80, a tablet computer case valued at $80, a cellphone case valued at $35, a backpack valued at $65, a dock connector valued at $19 and earbuds valued at $17 all were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 2800 block of Chateau Circle between 8 p.m. June 25 and 8 a.m. June 28.
• A juvenile boy was charged with failure to yield the right of way on a left turn, lights required and fleeing and eluding after an officer attempted to stop his vehicle near the intersection of West Lane Avenue and Coventry Road at 11:42 p.m. Aug. 16.
According to police, the boy and two unidentified males exited the vehicle and fled on foot. The boy was charged after police followed up with his father, who was the registered owner of the vehicle.
• A 21-year-old Columbus woman was charged with disorderly conduct after allegedly creating a disturbance while intoxicated on a COTA bus in the 3000 block of Kingsdale Center Boulevard at 9:20 p.m. Aug. 16.
• The roof of a vehicle was dented while it was parked in the 3100 block of Redding Road between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 15 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 16. Police deduced that someone walked on the vehicle after finding a shoe print on the hood.
• A television valued at $1,300 was reported stolen from the rear patio of a home in the 2200 block of Lane Road between Aug. 9 and Aug. 13.
• A vehicle was spray painted with the words "boobs" and "new paint" while parked in the 1800 block of Baldridge Road between 10 p.m. Aug. 12 and 7 a.m. Aug. 13.