Upper Arlington police are searching for an unidentified female who allegedly struck a man with her vehicle following a confrontation on the city's west side.
A 22-year-old Columbus man was transported to Riverside Methodist Hospital at approximately 3:26 p.m. Aug. 20 after he reported he was struck by a gold 2001 four-door Chevy Blazer near the intersection of Trabue Road and Riverside Drive.
According to the man, he had a verbal altercation with the driver of the Blazer and he got out of his vehicle at the intersection to confront her. That's when the woman allegedly hit him with her vehicle and drove off.
The man was treated and released for undisclosed injuries, police reports said.
The woman was described as white, in her early-20s with brown hair and blue eyes. She was approximately 5-feet, 6-inches tall and weighed 145 pounds.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
• Police issued a trespass admonition to a 28-year-old man and opened a theft investigation against him after he was accused of stealing $1,047 from a business in the 2000 block of West Henderson Road between Aug. 2 and Aug. 25. The man was employed at the business at the time of the alleged theft, police reports said.
• An Upper Arlington woman reported she was walking her dog in the 1900 block of Malvern Road at 8:50 p.m. Aug. 23 when she was bitten on her right forearm by a German shepherd that allegedly broke free from a female handler. No information was exchanged and the address and the name of the German shepherd's owner were unknown.
• Two watermelons were smashed on the driveway of a home in the 2100 block of Cheshire Road between 10:30 and 11:25 p.m. Aug. 22.
• A firearm valued at $10,000 was reported stolen from a home in the 2600 block of Vassar Place between March 1 and Aug. 22.
• Two laptop computers, each valued at $1,000, were reported stolen from a home in the 1800 block of Lane Road between 1 and 5 p.m. Aug. 22.
• Police are investigating a possible domestic violence situation after a woman on Lane Road reported at 1:41 p.m. Aug. 22 that her boyfriend took her phone, grabbed her by the arm and choked her after she attempted to stop him from selling prescription medication to purchase street drugs.
Police said the man left the residence before they arrived, but they took the suspect's pills for "safekeeping."
• A book bag, purse, debit card and prescription medication, no values provided, were reported stolen from a student's locker at Upper Arlington High School, 1650 Ridgeview Road, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Aug. 20.
• A 45-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with receiving stolen property, driving with tags to another vehicle, driving under suspension, driving under FRA suspension and operating a vehicle without a valid license after he was stopped near the intersection of Kenny and Tremont roads at 9:55 a.m. Aug. 20. Police reports said he was driving a vehicle that had been reported stolen out of Columbus.
• A purse valued at $50 and its contents were stolen from the chapel of First Community Village, 1802 Riverside Drive, between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 19.
• Two sections of copper downspout, each four feet long, were stolen from the exterior of a home in the 1800 block of Cambridge Boulevard between Aug. 11 and Aug. 18.