Sova receives FC Bank scholarship
Matthew Sova is one of the recipients of the 2011 Farmers Citizens Bank scholarship awards.
He is the son of Stephen and Renee Sova of Galloway.
Scholarships were awarded based on grade-point average, school activities, community activities, essays and recommendations.
Sova is a senior at St. Charles Preparatory School.
He is a National Merit Commended Scholar and a three-year member of the National Honor Society.
Sova is first chair in the percussion section at St. Charles, and is co-captain of the "In the Know" quiz team.
He will attend the University of Pittsburgh this fall.
• Barrett Brooks Jr. of Galloway was named to the fall 2010 dean's list at the University of Findlay. To be eligible, students must achieve at least a 3.5 grade-point average.
Brooks is a marketing major.
• Erica Wood of Galloway was named to the fall 2010 dean's list at the University of Akron. To earn dean's list recognition, students must achieve at least a 3.25 GPA.
• The University of Cincinnati has announced its fall 2010 dean's list. Galloway residents Bridget Brown, Robert Cathey and Rachael Corbin were named to the list.
• Chelsea McKean and Zachary Schmid, both of Galloway, were named to the winter 2011 dean's list at Ohio University.
• Cory Hines of Galloway graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University. He earned a bachelor's degree in pre-med and biology.