Two break-in attempts reported in neighborhood
Break-in attempts were reported June 19 at two residences in the 400 block of Westgreen Lane, north of Polaris Parkway and Cleveland Avenue, Westerville police reported.
Police first were called to a home just before noon because its alarm system had been activated.
Officers who arrived at the scene found a sliding door to the home had been pried open. Nothing was taken from the home, and police said they do not believe anyone gained entry.
Police were called to another residence in the same block of Westgreen Lane at 7 p.m. June 19 by a woman arriving home from work.
She reported she found several doors unlocked and opened. Police found a window pried open and a screen cut. Nothing was reported stolen, and police do not believe that anyone gained entry to the home.
* A store in the 500 block of West Schrock Road was broken into between 9 p.m. June 20 and 4:15 p.m. June 21. An estimated $2,000 worth of beauty supplies were believed stolen.
* Tools were stolen from an open garage in the 1200 block of Crooked Tree Court between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. June 21, while the home's owner worked in the backyard.
* A 39-year-old woman was arrested and charged with theft at 5:05 p.m. June 23 for attempting to shoplift $123 worth of merchandise from a store in the 100 block of Polaris Parkway.
Blendon Township police
Items were stolen from docked boats at Hoover Reservoir on three separate occasions over the last week, Blendon Township police reported.
A battery and gas can were removed from a boat, and the boat was damaged, in the 7600 block of Sunbury Road on June 20. The items stolen and the damage totaled $112.
A gas tank, valued at $80, was removed from a pontoon boat in the 7200 block of Sunbury Road June 21.
A battery and a trolling motor, valued at an estimated $500, were stolen from a boat in the 7300 block of Sunbury Road June 23.
* A residence in the 2500 block of Chester Road was broken into, and a laptop was stolen June 18.
* A window and a sign were reported damaged at a business in the 4900 block of Cleveland Avenue June 19. Damages were estimated at $2,500.
* Money and credit cards were stolen from a car parked in the 4400 block of Walnut Street June 22.