Copper thieves struck two different commercial buildings in the city this week, the Westerville Division of Police reported.
Between 1:20 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Dec. 3, wires were stolen from the Eastwind Professional Building, 863 to 885 Eastwind Drive. The theft was discovered by employees reporting to work to find the building without power.
While police were investigating that theft, they discovered that the cover had been removed from an electrical box on the building next door, 895 Eastwind Drive, but nothing was stolen.
Copper wire also was stolen from a store in the 600 block of West Schrock Road, between 11 p.m. Dec. 7 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 8. Once again, the theft was discovered by employees who reporting to work who found the building without power.
Three to four large copper wires that ran between two electrical boxes were stolen, police reported.
In other recent Westerville police incident reports:
* A residence in the 900 block of Cross Country Drive West was burglarized between 2:30 and 7:30 a.m. Dec. 2. According to police, a thief entered through an unlocked door and stole a laptop computer, cell phone, video games and a video-game system while the residents slept.
* A medical office located in the first block of Huber Village Boulevard was burglarized between 10 p.m. Dec. 2 and 7:45 a.m. Dec. 3. A window was forced open, and three laptop computers and a cash box were stolen.
* Roush Honda, 100 W. Schrock Road, reported that it received three counterfeit $20 bills as a payment from a service customer at 1:10 p.m. Dec. 3.
* A car parked in the first block of Huber Village Boulevard was broken into between 6 and 7 p.m. Dec. 3, and a cell phone and groceries were stolen.
* A 42-year-old woman was arrested for attempting to steal $734 worth of merchandise from a store in 100 block of Huber Village Boulevard .
* A window was broken out of a car parked in the lot of the city's Everal Barn at Heritage Park, 60 N. Cleveland Ave., between 7 and 10 p.m. Dec. 8, and a woman's purse was stolen.