Suspect sought in Tuesday morning burglary
Westerville police are looking for the owner of a small, red, beat-up pickup truck after a home burglary early Tuesday morning, Feb. 5.
According to Westerville police, the resident of a house in the 600 block of Old Coach Road left home at 7:08 a.m. Feb. 5. The resident returned home at 10:24 a.m. to find a door, which had been locked, open.
The resident called police, who discovered someone had cut a back porch screen and broke a window to gain entry. A laptop computer, digital camera and personal check were stolen and police believe the suspect left through the garage.
Neighbors reported seeing the small, red pickup truck parked in the driveway of the residence between 7:20 and 7:35 a.m.
Anyone with possible information about the crime is asked to call Westerville police at 614-882-7444.
In other recent Westerville Division of Police incident reports:
* A 19-year-old Columbus man was arrested at 11:15 a.m. Jan. 30 at Westerville South High School, 303 S. Otterbein Ave., for possession of a 7.5-inch lock-blade knife.
According to Westerville police reports, the school's resource officer noticed the man socializing with two students in the hallway of the school and did not recognize him.
The officer approached the man and noticed the knife clipped to his belt while questioning him.
The man said he arrived early to meet a student for lunch, entered the school without checking in and wandered the halls with another student while he waited.
The man was charged with possession of a deadly weapon on school premises and issued a trespass notice stating he is not allowed on Westerville City School District property without permission.
He was transport to Franklin County jail.
* Two men attempted to pass a counterfeit $20 bill at 8:15 p.m. Jan. 29 at Skyline Chili, 117 Westerville Plaza. An employee recognized the bill as fake, refused to give it back to the men and phoned police after the men had left the restaurant.
* A 41-year-old woman was arrested at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27 for attempting to steal $160 worth of merchandise from a store in the 100 block of Polaris Parkway.
* The window of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of South State Street was broken and a laptop bag containing a computer and a jump drive were stolen between 2 and 2:20 p.m. Jan. 28.
In recent Blendon Township Police Department incident reports:
* Thieves broke a window of a car parked in the 4100 block of Executive Parkway and stole a woman's purse on Feb. 1.
* A person reported to Blendon Township police that they were robbed of money and a cell phone Feb. 1 at Sunoco, 5870 Westerville Road.