Girl chasing dog struck by vehicle on Walnut Street
A 10-year-old girl was transported to Nationwide Children's Hospital at 3:40 Feb. 12 after being struck by a vehicle in the 600 block of East Walnut Street.
Her injuries were later deemed to be minor, Westerville police said.
According to police, the girl was chasing a loose dog when she ran into the roadway and was struck by a passing car.
Police have determined the vehicle's driver was not driving recklessly and was driving at or below the 35 mph speed limit.
The driver applied his brakes, and police estimated the vehicle was traveling at about 16 mph when the girl was struck.
In other recent Westerville Division of Police incident reports:
* An historical marker was stolen from the front of the Stoner House, 133 S. State St., between 5:15 p.m. Feb. 8 and 4:30 p.m. Feb. 13.
The sign was found Feb. 18 in a parking lot at 170 Martin Drive, on the Otterbein University campus.
* A 23-year-old man was charged with hosting a party during which underage people were drinking alcohol at 1:15 a.m. Feb. 10.
Police said Westerville Fire Division paramedics were called to the first block of West Home Street on reports of an unresponsive woman.
Officers in the area responding to complaints of a loud party went to the residence, where they found the unresponsive 20-year-old woman.
Reports said the woman was transported to St. Ann's Hospital for treatment. The woman, whose blood-alcohol content was reported to be 0.270, was charged with underage consumption of alcohol.
* A vehicle parked in a driveway in the 900 block of Arcadia Boulevard was damaged after an unknown person broke into the vehicle and attempted to steal its stereo between 11 p.m. Feb. 9 and 2 p.m. Feb 10.
* A watch, a global positioning system and about $2 in change were stolen from a locked vehicle parked in the 900 block of Autumn Lake Court between 5:30 p.m. Feb. 10 and 12:30 p.m. Feb. 13.
* A 63-year-old man was arrested and charged with OVI after he struck a stationary backhoe while trying to pass it at 1:38 p.m. Feb. 12 near the corner of East Park and Weyant streets.
* An estimated $5,000 worth of tools, and a $2,700 gas monitor, were stolen from a work van parked on the street in the 100 block of Mossman Avenue between 4 p.m. Feb. 14 and 7 a.m. Feb. 15.