Westerville police arrested and charged a student at Heritage Middle School, 390 N. Spring Road, through juvenile court with assaulting a teacher at 9:30 a.m. April 3.
According to reports from the Westerville Division of Police, the student became aggressive during class and was sent to another room to calm down.
The student reportedly then threw a desk toward the teacher, then proceeded to punch the teacher in the ribs and stomach before shoving the teacher into a door frame. The student also attempted to hit the teacher in the face with a calculator, but the teacher blocked the hit, reports said.
But the teacher did not suffer any visible physical injuries, police said.
In other recent incident reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
* A 49-year-old woman was arrested at 7:09 p.m. April 8 for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and shoplifting after she attempted to steal cheese and wine from a store in the 100 block of Polaris Parkway. According to reports, the woman was apprehended by the store's loss prevention for shoplifting before Westerville police found her to be intoxicated. The woman admittedly drove to the store.
* A woman reported her purse was stolen from her cart while she shopped at a store in the 600 block of North State Street between 2 and 2:25 p.m. April 8.
* A man reported that his laptop computer was stolen from his vehicle while he was parked in the lot of a business in the 400 block of West Schrock Road between 6:15 and 7:35 p.m. April 8.
* A man reported that his wallet and iPhone were stolen while he played basketball at a park in the 300 block of North Cleveland Avenue between 6 and 8 p.m. April 9. The items were left unattended.
In recent reports from Blendon Township police:
* A man reported on April 9 that his moped was stolen while it was parked at a home in the 5800 block of Buenos Aires Boulevard.
* The window of a vehicle parked in the 5900 block of Westerville Road was smashed April 14 and an iPod, cell phone and other items were stolen.