Westerville: Woman sustains injuries during argument
A Westerville man was arrested and charged with misdemeanor charges of domestic violence, assault and aggravated menacing after a May 11 incident at a residence in the 600 block of Ivydale Drive.
According to Westerville police, a woman called from her neighbor's home at 1:14 a.m. May 11 to report she had been beaten by her husband.
The woman told police she left the house earlier in the day to avoid the man.
When she returned home, they began arguing, and the man began punching, kicking and shoving her, she told police.
According to police, the woman was "covered head to toe" with bruises and cuts, and her teeth were chipped. She was treated at Mount Carmel St. Ann's.
The man later turned himself into police.
In other recent reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
* A teenage girl was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, tampering with evidence, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest at 6:15 p.m. May 5 on the bike path in the 100 block of Old County Line Road.
Police were called to the scene on a report of a group of young adults who had set up a camp and were believed to be doing drugs.
As police spoke to the group of about six people, the girl threw what was later found to be a drug pipe into the woods.
As an officer attempted to handcuff the girl, she punched, shoved and bit him, reports stated.
Marijuana, Oxycodone and drug paraphernalia were found at the scene, and a 21-year-old man also was arrested and charged with drug abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Six light fixtures were stolen from the garage of a residence in the 100 block of Hiawatha Avenue between 9 p.m. May 6 and 10 a.m. May 7.
* An unattached storage shed in the yard of a residence in the first block of Cogswell Court was broken into between 10 p.m. May 10 and 6 a.m. May 11. A power saw was reported stolen.
* A Westerville South High School student was arrested May 10 and charged with making false alarms for writing bomb threats on bathroom walls at the school.
* An apartment in the 1200 block of Hideaway Woods Drive was broken into between 12:20 and 5:30 p.m. May 7, but nothing was believed stolen.
In recent reports from Blendon Township police:
* A residence in the 5700 block of Buenos Aires Boulevard was entered through an attached garage, and a television, gaming system and headset were reported stolen May 6.