Westerville: Car break-ins plague Annehurst, other neighborhoods
A rash of car break-ins were reported in the Annehurst Village neighborhood overnight from June 30 to July 1. According to Westerville police:
* A roll of quarters was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of West Main Street between 11 p.m. June 30 and 5:30 a.m. July 1. Two other nearby vehicles were entered and searched in the same time frame, but nothing was taken.
* Between 11 p.m. June 30 and 6 a.m. July 1, money and a GPS unit were stolen from an unlocked car parked in the first block of Keene Drive. Three vehicles in the first block of Groton Drive also were entered, with nothing stolen.
* A GPS unit and money were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the first block of Millfield Avenue between noon June 30 and 6 a.m. July 1. Two other cars in that block, along with a car parked in the 100 block of Hanby Avenue were entered, but nothing was stolen.
Westerville police also reported a number of other thefts from parked vehicles outside Annehurst over the last week.
* A resident of the 100 block of Fairdale Avenue reported her purse was stolen from her unlocked car, which was parked in her driveway, between 6:45 p.m. June 29 and 10:30 a.m. June 30. The purse contained gift cards, credit cards and some cash.
* A woman reported her wallet was stolen from her unlocked car between 11:30 p.m. July 1 and 6 a.m. July 2 in the first block of Nadine Place North. Another car parked on the block was ransacked, but nothing was stolen.
In other recent incident reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
* A resident of the 800 block of Watten Lane returned from vacation to discover that his home had been burglarized and his truck was stolen.
The crime took place between 8:30 a.m. June 28 and 9:50 p.m. July 6. A big-screen television and a safe were stolen from the house, along with money, coins, silver flatware and medications.
In recent incident reports from Blendon Township police:
* A home in the 3300 block of Dempsey Road was broken into July 2, and a safe was stolen.