Westerville: Woman struck outside her disabled car on County Line
A 32-year-old woman was hospitalized after her disabled vehicle was rear-ended, pushing the vehicle on top of her, at 8:07 a.m. Sept. 25.
According to Westerville police reports, the woman's vehicle was stopped in the curb land of westbound County Line Road west of Cleveland Avenue, near Maughlin Drive. The hazard lights were on, and the woman was outside the vehicle, checking its engine.
A car traveling westbound in the left lane suddenly changed lanes into the curb lane and struck the rear of the disabled car, police said.
The car was pushed more than 19 feet, running over the woman, who was pinned against one of the vehicle's tires, according to reports.
The woman was hospitalized with injuries to her face and arms.
In other recent incident reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
* A car parked in the lot of the Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Ave., was stolen between 10:10 and 10:50 p.m. Sept. 27.
According to Westerville police, the car's owner parked in the lot and left his keys in a bag in an unlocked locker while he used the center's facilities. The keys and car were stolen from the locker and used to take the car.
The car was recovered shortly after in a nearby parking lot.
* A food truck parked between 7:30 p.m. Sept. 21 and 8:50 a.m. Sept. 22 in a lot in the 900 block of Sunbury Road was broken into, and $565 was stolen from the truck's cash register and tip jar.
In recent reports from the Blendon Township Police Department:
* Three people reported that they were robbed of their cellphones and some items of clothing by five to seven people Sept. 29 at a park in the 5400 block of Buenos Aires Boulevard.
* A car parked in the 5000 block of Westerville Road was reported stolen Sept. 23.
* Five trash containers were stolen Sept. 23 from the Blendon Central Cemetery, 6350 Hempstead Road.