The Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277 or visit westervillelibrary.org.
* Monster Bookmarks, all day, Friday, Oct. 11. Drop into the youth area or the teen room to make kooky monster bookmarks with used paper. For tweens and teens.
* Resume Development & Job Search, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 12. Bring your resume for a free critique by career services expert Bernard Noel, and discover the key areas to include in a resume and the skills essential when interviewing. Registration required.
* Open Chess Club, 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Chess players ages 6 and up can drop in for an hour of free play to have fun and keep their skills sharp. Basic chess knowledge required.
* War of 1812 and Civil War Cemetery Walk, 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13. Spend a Sunday afternoon browsing the Olde Methodist Cemetery, at the west end of Lincoln Street, to hear presentations about local veterans of the War of 1812 and the Civil War. No registration necessary.
* New Reader Club, 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. A book written for new readers will be shared and fun literacy games will be played. For children in kindergarten and grade 1. Activity Center. Registration required.
* Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Educational Seminar, 4:15 to 6:15 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. Thomas Grainger, local financial adviser and Health Insurance Navigator-in-Training, will discuss details of the Affordable Care Act. Meeting Room B. Registration required.
* Cookbook Club, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. Take home the cookbook of the month and explore the recipes at your own pace. Then, bring a favorite dish to share while discussing the book. Books available at the Ask Here desk.
* iPad Tutorial, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16. Attendees will learn basic functions as well as pointers for getting the most from an iPad. Meeting Room A. Registration required.