The Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277 or visit westervillelibrary.org.
* Pretend Play in the Library, 9:30 to 10 a.m., Friday, Oct. 18. Ages 3 to 6 explore the world of imagination during 30 minutes of pretend play with props, costumes and creative materials. Activity Center.
* Boost Your Career with LinkedIn, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 19. Resume consultant Sharon Hamersley explains the social network site. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Scary Makeup Workshop, 4 to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 19. Professional makeup artist Shae James will demonstrate her techniques using volunteers. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Educational Seminar, 4 to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 22. Local financial adviser and health insurance navigator-in-training Thomas Grainger will discuss the Affordable Care Act. Meeting Room B. Registration required.
* Board of trustees meeting, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 22 in the board room. The meeting is open to the public. Call extension 2155 for more information.
* Teen Volunteer Training, 4 to 4:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 24. Teens ages 12 to 18 will learn how to shelve books and assist at library events. Participants should bring completed applications to the Youth Services desk.