A bicyclist required hospitalization after he was struck by a car at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at the intersection of Maxtown Road and McCorkle Boulevard, Westerville police reported.
The 62-year-old man was traveling east on the sidewalk parallel to Maxtown Road and entered the intersection to cross McCorkle Boulevard, police said.
He was struck by a vehicle making a right turn from eastbound Maxtown Road onto McCorkle Boulevard.
According to witnesses, the bicyclist was obeying pedestrian crossing signs, and the car had a green light.
The man suffered "incapacitating injuries" and was taken to a nearby emergency room, according to police reports, though witnesses reported that he was conscious after the accident.
In other recent incident reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
* A 20-year-old woman was arrested and charged with robbery and identity fraud at 3 p.m. Oct. 28 after she grabbed a diner's cell phone off the table of a restaurant in the 500 block of South State Street.
According to reports, the woman ran after being confronted by restaurant patrons and was apprehended in a nearby parking lot, where she gave police another person's name and birthdate. She also was in possession of that person's state-issued ID.
* A Westerville school principal required medical treatment after being bitten by a combative student at 2:15 p.m. Oct. 29.
According to police reports, the 13-year-old student was sent to the principal's office because he was agitated and would not settle down. The student threatened the principal and got physical when the principal attempted to call the student's mother.
The student spit on, kicked and bit the principal while the principal was restraining him.
The principal was treated at a nearby hospital for the bite wound, but he declined to press charges because the student suffers from emotional issues, according to reports.
* A man reported that he was confronted by a deer at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 28 in the first block of Logan Avenue.
The man told police that a young deer reared onto its hind legs and swung its front legs at him. The man was able to jump over a fence to avoid the deer, according to police reports.
Police were unable to locate a deer in the area.
* A woman's purse was stolen from her unlocked car between 3:50 and 4:25 p.m. Oct. 28 while she was parked in the 100 block of South State Street.
* A woman reported that her car window was broken out and a backpack was stolen between 3:05 and 3:40 p.m. Oct. 28 while she was parked in a lot in the 300 block of North Cleveland Avenue. The backpack contained only clothing.
In recent incident reports from the Blendon Township Police Department:
* A hole was cut in the side of a business in the 4300 block of Westerville Road to gain entry for a burglary Oct. 24. Two guns and other items were reported stolen..
* A man reported on Oct. 29 that copper wiring and pipe were stolen from his garage in the 3300 block of Hunt Club Road.