The Westerville Education Foundation recently awarded nine grants to school employees.
These groups and individuals were recognized by the WEF Nov. 15 at a breakfast ceremony at the Westerville Public Library.
* Ann Rochon and Betsy Gambone, Early Learning Center (ELC), $1,000 for "Multisensory Art Studio for Preschool Students."
* Vicki Shepherd, Early Learning Center, $359 for the purchase of one "Second Step Early Learning Kit."
* Marsha Siefker and Eric Indiciani, Robert Frost Elementary School, $998.24 for "Fit Frosties."
* Christine Doolittle, Hawthorne Elementary, up to $400 for a "Nature Play and Learning Area."
* Katie Wirthlin and Rachel Schultz, McVay Elementary School, $1,000 for "Clay Caching."
* Amanda McQuown, Wilder Elementary School, $1,000 for a "Wilder Book Busters Club for Grades 1-5."
* Leah Gaines, Genoa Middle School, up to $710 for improvements for "Jaguar Update TV Announcements."
* David Schultz, Westerville South High School, $150 for "Supporting Understanding of Math Concepts through the use of Graphic Aids."
* Daphne Irby and Kimi Dodds, District, up to $998.14 for "Using the SMART Notebook App with Think Central Resources for Whole Group and Small Group Instruction."