A man reported his residence in the 400 block of South State Street was burglarized between 1:30 and 1:40 p.m. Dec. 13.
According to the man's surveillance system, two men, both with their faces covered, forced open the back door of the residence and stole a safe containing jewelry, prescription medication and other valuables, as well as two laptop computers located in the same room.
The victim told Westerville police he believes his son and his son's friend were the two burglars in the video.
In other recent incident reports from the Westerville Division of Police:
• The front, glass door of a business in the first block of Huber Village Boulevard was broken out about 2:45 a.m. Dec. 11 in an apparent attempted burglary, Westerville police said.
The store's manager was notified by the store's alarm company, but no motion sensors were activated inside and it appears no entry was made into the building, according to police reports.
• A man and a woman reportedly stole a ferret from a Westerville Plaza store Dec. 13.
According to police reports, the couple entered the store and began looking at the ferrets. The woman told a store employee that she could not afford the $170 animal.
After the couple left the store, the employee found that a ferret was missing from the cage.
• A 41-year-old man was arrested and charged with public indecency at 12:50 p.m. Dec. 14 at a store in the 100 block of Polaris Parkway. The man allegedly exposed himself twice to an 8-year-old girl who was shopping with her mother before he was detained by the store's security, Westerville police said.
In recent incident reports from the Blendon Township Police Department:
• A man was arrested and charged with possessing a weapon while intoxicated, kidnapping, inducing panic and aggravated menacing Dec. 8 after he held victims in a home in the 5000 block of Paris Boulevard while threatening suicide.
Everyone was removed from the home safely.
• Entry was forced Dec. 4 into a residence in the 4500 block of Woodvale Court, and jewelry, shoes, a television and other valuables were stolen.
• Burglars forced their way into a home Dec. 5 in the 6400 block of Sagebrush Court and stole MP3 players, a laptop computer and a gun.
• A laptop computer was stolen Dec. 2 from a car parked in the 3500 block of Makassar Drive.
• An amplifier was stolen from a vehicle Dec. 4 while it was parked in the 5500 block of Westerville Road.