The Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277 or visit westervillelibrary.org.
Winter I Storytime Session: Registration is underway for story times, which begin the week of Jan. 4. The 30-minute programs include Preschool Storytime, Move with Music, Books & Blocks, Wonderworks and Yoga Tales. Call Youth Services or go online for details and to register.
Fireside Reads: Winter Reading Program for Adults: Beginning Monday, Jan. 6, ages 18 and over can register online or in person, then begin logging and rating the books they've read. Readers can win gift cards in weekly drawings and be eligible for grand prize gift packages.
Tunes & Tales: 9:30, 10:30 (with sign interpretation) and 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 11. The 26th annual presentation of Tunes & Tales will feature The Velveteen Rabbit performed by the Westerville Symphony and narrated by the library. After each 30-minute performance, the musicians will meet with children and share their instruments. Each family will receive a copy of the book. For ages 4-8 and their families. Meeting Rooms. Registration required for every attendee.
* Teen Volunteer Training, 4 to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 7. Participants ages 12 to 18 will be trained to shelve books and assist at library events. Submit completed application at the Youth Services desk.
* iPhone 4 and 5 Basics, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 7. Owners of iPhone 4 or 5 will learn to use their phone. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* iPad Tutorial, 2 to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8. Learn basic functions and pointers to get the most from an iPad. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Caring Cards Club: New Year! 4 to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 8. Teens ages 12 to 18 can stop by the card creation station and make caring cards for the library's Outreach patrons who are homebound or in nursing homes. Activity Center.
* Explorers Club, 4 to 4:45 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 9. Experiment, create, and -- sometimes -- get messy while learning science. This month's topics: Freezing and Melting. Activity Center. Registration required.