The Westerville Public Library is at 126 S. State St. For more information or to register for the following programs, call 614-882-7277.
Fireside Reads: Winter Reading Program for Adults. Those ages 18 and over can register online or in person, then begin logging and rating the books they have read. Readers can win gift cards in weekly drawings and be eligible for grand prize gift packages.
Tunes & Tales: 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. (with sign interpretation) and 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 11. The 26th annual presentation of Tunes & Tales will feature The Velveteen Rabbit, performed by the Westerville Symphony and narrated by the library. After each 30-minute performance, the musicians will meet with children and share their instruments. Each family will receive a copy of the book. For ages 4-8 and their families. Meeting Rooms. Registration required for every attendee.
* Explorers Club, 4 to 4:45 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 9. Experiment, create and sometimes get messy while learning science. This month's topic: Freezing and Melting. Activity Center. Registration required.
* Budding Artists, 2 to 3 p.m., Friday, Jan. 10. Children ages 4-6 will explore with winter art as a medium. Come dressed to make a mess. Activity Center. Registration required.
* Sewing Basics, 4 to 5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 13. Ages 8-18 will learn to sew straight seams on a machine and by hand. Materials provided. Activity Center. Registration required.
* Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Educational Seminar, 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, Jan. 13. Local financial adviser and health insurance navigator Thomas Grainger will discuss the Affordable Care Act. Meeting Room B. Registration required.
* Children of Abraham, 7 to 8:45 p.m., Monday, Jan. 13. A doctoral candidate in comparative religion studies at the Ohio State University, Damon Berry will discuss the theological differences and historical divergences of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Meeting Room A.
* Kindle Fire Tutorial, 2 to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 15. Learn some basic functions and tricks and tips of the Kindle Fire. Meeting Room A. Registration required.
* Social Security Seminar, 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 15, and Thursday, Jan. 16. Joshua Pick and Adam Brookins of Aptus Tax will discuss the ideal time to start collecting benefits. Registration required.
* Upcycle Craft Club, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 16. Turn ordinary objects into extraordinary crafts. All ages and skill levels will make sock snowmen. Supplies provided. Meeting Room B. Registration required.