Students attending Westerville City Schools in grades 1 -5, will begin classes on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
Most elementary schools in the district will provide an opportunity for each family to learn of their child's teacher/class placement for the 2014-2015 school year, return the emergency medical card, pay school fees, learn their child's bus assignment and route schedule, as well as return free and reduced lunch forms (if applicable).
Families will receive correspondence from their school that includes pertinent details about the upcoming school year. As an austerity measure, the Back-to-School mailing will direct all families to the district's web site, wcsoh.org, to obtain additional forms and information. The packet will contain a greeting from the principal and forms such as the Emergency Medical Card and the Publicity Consent Form. Recipients should review the information, complete the forms and return them as instructed.
Elementary school supply lists for the 2014-2015 school year are now available on the Westerville Schools website. These can be accessed from a link on the district's home page as well as from each school's home page. Go to wcsoh.org/backtoschool for details.
* Alcott Elementary Back-to-School Days will take place as follows: 1 to 3 p.m. and 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7.
A School Walk-Through will take place from 2 to 3 p.m. Aug.12. Kindergarten Parent Orientation/Curriculum Night will also be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.Aug. 12.
* Annehurst will host Meet the Teacher (School Walkthrough) from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12, Curriculum Night/Open House for students in grades K-5 is 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 28.
* Cherrington Elementary's school walk through will be from 3 to 4 p.m. Aug. 12, The PTA will host an ice cream social and supply sale from 3 to 4 p.m.
Kindergarten Parent Orientation will be held at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Fees may be paid from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m., and PTA members will sell kindergarten supplies both before and after the meeting. On Sept. 3, an open house will be held for the entire school from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Emerson World Languages & Cultures Magnet School families are invited to walk through the building and meet the teachers from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12.
Emerson's Curriculum Night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m, Aug. 20. Students and families are invited to attend the Emerson PTA Back to School Social which will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 5.
* Fouse Elementary School will mail Back to School Packets to families with classroom teacher assignments included in the packet. Invoices for school fees will be sent in late September with collection of fees taking place at that time.
Kindergarten Parent Night begin at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 11. From 2 to 3 p.m. Aug. 12, families may walk through the building, drop off supplies, and meet teachers. During this time, the Fouse PTO will be on hand to share ways parents and volunteers can be involved with school, starting at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Curriculum Night for grades 2, 3 and 5 is at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Curriculum night for grades 1 and 4 will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 21.
* Robert Frost Elementary School invites families to walk through the building and meet teachers betweeen 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Curriculum Night will take place at 6 p.m. Aug. 11.
Curriculum night for grades 1 and 2 will be at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 18. Curriculum Night for grades 3 and 4 will be at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Curriculum night for grade 5 will be at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 19.
* Hanby Magnet Elementary School will host Meet the Teacher Day from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.Aug.12. Curriculum night will be held for all parents from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 28.
The PTA will host a Back to School Picnic at Metzger Park from 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 16.
* Hawthorne Elementary's Meet the Teacher event will be held Aug.12, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Curriculum nights will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sept. 4, for grades 3, 4 and 5; and Sept. 9 for grades K, 1 and 2.
* Huber Ridge Elementary School invites families to attend Open House on Aug. 12, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., during which time students and parents can drop-off supplies, meet their teacher and see their classroom.
Kindergarten Parent Orientation will also take place Aug, 12, at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for all grades K-5 will be held Aug. 28, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* McVay Elementary will host its Meet the Teacher Open House on Aug. 12, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will take place Aug. 14, at 7 p.m.
Curriculum Night for grades 1-3 will be held Sept. 9, and Sept.11. for grades 4 and 5.
* Pointview Elementary's Open House will be held on Aug. 12, from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Open House is a time for families to come take a sneak peak at the classrooms and drop off school supplies.
Curriculum Night for grades K, 1 and 2 will be held Sept. 9, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. and for grades 3-5 on Sept.10, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Mark Twain Elementary Back to School Day will take place Aug. 8, from 8 to 10 a.m. Meet the Teacher Open House will be held Aug. 12, for grades K-5 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Curriculum Night is scheduled on Sept. 3, from 5 to 6 p.m. for ESL families; from 6:05 to 7:05 p.m. for grades K-2; and 7:10 to 8:10 p.m. for grades 3-5. The annual PTA Family Picnic will be held Aug. 28, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
* Whittier's Meet the teacher/walk-through will be held Aug. 12, from 2 to 3 p.m. The PTA will open the school store during the walk-through.
Kindergarten orientation will take place from 7 to 8 p.m. Aug. 11. Curriculum Night will be held Sept. 4, for grades K-5 from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Meet the Teacher at Wilder Elementary School is Aug. 12, from 2 to 3 p.m. Bring school supplies, emergency cards and medical supplies and forms. Grades 3-5 can purchase classroom planners at this time for $3 (checks can be made out to the Wilder PTA).
Curriculum Nights are Aug. 26, for grades K-2, from 6:30-8 p.m.; and Aug. 28, for grades 3-5 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.