Whitehall police arrested a suspected burglar on several charges following a foot chase at 6:45 p.m. Feb. 20 in the 1000 block of Ross Road.
Anthony A. O'Dell, 25, of Erickson Avenue, is charged with burglary, aggravated robbery, assault and resisting arrest.
Police said they responded to an apartment on a report of a burglary in progress. While officers were at the apartment with witnesses, the suspect reportedly ran from the scene.
One officer grabbed the man as he was trying to jump a fence. Additional police were needed to apprehend the man, who punched at officers and attempted to grab an officer's gun while all were struggling on the ground, according to police reports.
The man threatened to kill officers as the struggle ensued in dense shrubs where the man had fled, police said.
Police used a Taser to temporarily disable the man and took him into custody.
Property removed from the apartment -- jewelry and money -- was returned to the residents.
The suspect was taken to a local hospital and later told police he committed the burglary to support a drug habit and was high at the time of the incident, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall Police Department incident reports:
* Police arrested a 20-year-old Whitehall man Feb. 14 for carrying a concealed weapon, possession of heroin, tampering with evidence, possession of marijuana, and obstructing official business.
Police responded to a report of a man with a gun at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 14 in the first block of Fairway Boulevard.
Police reported the man ran away as police approached. An officer chasing the suspect reported the man carried the gun at his side while running. Police chased him into an apartment in the first block of South Hamilton Road.
Police caught the man and outside the building found a .40-caliber pistol, loaded, with one round in the chamber, on the ground. The suspect was also in possession of drugs.
He had 1.7 grams of heroin and about 35 grams of marijuana in individual plastic bags.
* Police arrested an 18-year-old man at 1:30 a.m. Feb. 15 for carrying a concealed weapon and tampering with evidence in the 1000 block of Bernhard Road. Two other people in the car also were arrested on other charges.
Police were observing the individuals for suspicious activity and were previously aware the driver had no license. Police reports said evidence of drug use and the firearm were located in an area where the suspects were standing and walking prior to officers approaching the vehicle.
* Police reported a robbery at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 14 in the 3500 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 33-year-old woman for disorderly conduct, intoxication and resisting arrest, and arrested a 29-year-old man for assault, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest; at 11:35 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police arrested a 35-year-old woman at 6:55 p.m. Feb. 14 for endangering children in the 800 block of Exeter Road.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 15 from an apartment building in the 1000 block of Townhouse Lane.
* Police arrested a 41-year-old man at 9:40 p.m. Feb. 15 for theft in the 3500 block of East Main Street.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 8:25 p.m. Feb. 16 from the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
* Police reported a burglary at 3:40 p.m. Feb. 17 at a residence in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive.
* Property destruction was reported at 10:55 a.m. Feb. 18 at an apartment in the 4200 block of East Broad Street.
* Police arrested a 47-year-old man at 6:05 p.m. Feb. 18 for domestic violence, assault, and violation of a protection order at an apartment in the 5200 block of Gatehouse Lane.
* Vandalism was reported at 2 p.m. Feb. 19 in the 900 block of Exeter Road.
A burglary was reported at 7:05 p.m. Feb. 19 at a residence in the 300 block of Robinwood Avenue.
* Police reported a vehicle was stolen at 3:50 p.m. Feb. 20 from Langley Avenue and South Hamilton Road.
* Police arrested a 40-year-old man at 3:05 a.m. Feb. 21 for domestic violence and assault at an apartment in the 4600 block of East Broad Street.