Whitehall: Person faces felonious assault in injury-related shooting
Whitehall police arrested a 20-year-old man for felonious assault at 7:05 p.m. June 7 in an apartment building's parking lot in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
Police arrested Demond Michael Person, of the 4300 block of East Main Street, for felonious assault in connection with an injury-related shooting.
Police would not disclose details of the incident June 14.
According to Municipal Court records, Person was arraigned June 10 in Franklin County Municipal Court, where a judge set a $10,000 cash or surety bond. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing at 8 a.m. June 17 in municipal court.
In other Whitehall Division of Police incidents:
* A woman told police she was robbed at 12:55 a.m. June 6 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road.
The woman said she was leaving a friend's apartment when a man pointed a gun at her and demanded money. The woman took $20 out of her purse and dropped her cellphone from it. The man took the money and the phone and fled, police said.
* Police arrested a 28-year-old man after he allegedly pointed a shotgun at a man April 7 outside a residence in the 700 block of Erickson Avenue. The man told police a driver cut him off by pulling abruptly in front of him into a driveway.
The man questioned the driver, who went inside and returned with a shotgun, leveling it at the man and pumping it, police said.
Police went to the residence to question the suspect, who admitted to cutting off the man in traffic. He told police the man who questioned him would not leave his residence and that he felt threatened and retrieved the shotgun, police said.
Police asked the suspect for the gun, and the man presented a BB gun. The man who had called police told them it was not the same weapon, and the suspect then showed police a shotgun, which police impounded while arresting him.
* A robbery was reported at 9:15 p.m. June 9 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
* An assault was reported at 10:35 p.m. June 6 in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police reported an assault at 11:35 a.m. June 7 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road.
* A 15-year-old girl was arrested for assault at 10:15 a.m. June 11 in the 4700 block of Kae Avenue.
* Police arrested a 16-year-old boy for assault at 11:45 a.m. June 12 in the 4700 block of Kae Avenue.
* Police reported an assault at 7:55 p.m. June 11 in the 4000 block of Doney Street.
* An assault was reported at 12:30 a.m. June 13 in the 4000 block of Mayflower Boulevard.
* Police arrested a 30-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman for burglary at 4:50 p.m. June 7 in the 3700 block of Doney Street.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old man for burglary and violation of a protection order at 12:50 a.m. June 11 in the 100 block of Parklawn Boulevard.
* Property destruction was reported at 2:35 p.m. June 6 in the 100 block of Fairway Boulevard.
* Police arrested a 25-year-old man for domestic violence and assault at 4:20 p.m. June 6 in the 800 block of Pierce Avenue.
* Property destruction was reported at 7:40 p.m. June 7 in the 300 block of Mayflower Boulevard.
* A theft was reported at 1:30 p.m. June 8 in the 500 block of Westphal Avenue.
* Police reported a burglary at 6 p.m. June 8 at an apartment in the first block of Fairway Boulevard.
* A burglary was reported at 7:30 p.m. June 8 at a residence in the 900 block of Duke Road.
* Police reported a burglary at 3:40 p.m. June 10 in the 4600 block of Langley Avenue.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 3:35 a.m. June 9 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court East. No physical evidence or suspects were identified.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 11 p.m. June 9 at South Hamilton Road and Saint Ann Lane.
* Police arrested a 24-year-old woman for drug abuse and a 26-year-old man for outstanding warrants at 5:20 a.m. June 9 after police responded to a disturbance at an apartment in the 4100 block of East Main Street.
* A breaking-and-entering incident was reported at 9:25 a.m. June 10 in the 3800 block of East Broad Street.