Whitehall police arrested a 53-year-old man for obstructing official business at 7 p.m. June 24 at an apartment in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
Police arrested the man after he allegedly continued to act aggressively and interfere in an investigation of an assault that had occurred at the apartment, according to police.
Police were called to the apartment shortly after 6 p.m. June 24 on a report of a stabbing. There, police discovered the alleged victim, a 25-year-old man residing at the apartment, had been stabbed in the hand.
Police identified a blood trail and a knife at the scene. Whitehall medics transported the alleged victim to Mount Carmel East Hospital.
Two witnesses were present during the alleged assault. The alleged victim, the suspect and witnesses had been drinking alcohol, police said. Witnesses reported a knife was removed and returned to the apartment.
According to some accounts, the alleged victim punched objects, and hospital staff said his injuries were consistent with striking an object, police said.
In other Whitehall Division of Police incidents:
* A resident in the 3800 block of Washburn Street told Whitehall police she awoke early June 22 to find two men wearing masks inside her residence.
The woman told police she and her 3-year-old son were asleep in a bedroom when she awoke at 5:30 a.m. June 22 and saw two unknown men in her bedroom.
One of the men struck her in the face with the handle of a pistol, police said. The other reached under the bed and took a bag containing necklaces and rings, police said.
The men ran out of the house and west on Washburn Avenue, toward Kenard Court.
The woman told police she recognized tattoos on the hands of one of the men, with the words, "West Side." She identified him as an ex-boyfriend who knew about the bag of jewelry, according to the report.
No charges immediately were filed, according to the report.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old man for theft at 12:45 p.m. June 20 at an apartment in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
* A juvenile was arrested for assault and domestic violence at 8 p.m. June 20 in the 4000 block of Beechbank Road.
* A burglary was reported at 8:45 a.m. June 21 at a residence in the 500 block of Elaine Road.
* Police reported a burglary at 3:10 p.m. June 22 at a residence in the 3800 block of Kenard Court.
* A burglary was reported at 4:40 p.m. June 22 at a residence in the 800 block of Antwerp Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 4:55 p.m. June 22 at Broadhurst Drive and Whitehall Drive. No physical evidence or suspects were identified.
* Police arrested a 30-year-old man for theft and multiple counts of receiving stolen property at 11:15 a.m. June 22 in the first block of Beechford Road.
* An assault was reported at 12:40 p.m. June 22 in the 200 block of Midcliff Drive.
* A disturbance was reported at 7 p.m. June 23 in the 300 block of Ross Road.
* Police reported a vehicle was stolen at 2:35 p.m. June 24 in the 3900 block of East Main Street.
* An assault was reported at 3:35 p.m. June 24 in the 400 block of South Yearling Road.
* Police arrested a 35-year-old man for assault and domestic violence at 6:30 p.m. June 25 at an apartment in the 4600 block of East Broad Street.
* Two juveniles were arrested for curfew violation and one for outstanding warrants at 11:15 p.m. June 26 in the 500 block of Robinwood Avenue.