Whitehall: Man chased into apartment, robbed while son held at gunpoint
A man told Whitehall police a man with a gun robbed him at gunpoint after chasing him into his South Yearling Road apartment Sept. 10.
The man's 5-year-old son was held at gunpoint during the robbery, according to the report.
The man told police, after he unlocked his apartment door, the man rushed inside before he could shut it.
The man grabbed the 5-year-old and pointed a gun at his head and said, "(Expletive), give me everything you have in your pocket. (If) you don't give me everything, I'm going to kill him."
The man gave the robber $130. The gunman also took the man's cellphone and keys.
The robber ran away and was last seen running south on the west side of South Yearling Road.
In other Whitehall Division of Police incident reports:
* A man and woman were robbed at gunpoint at 9 p.m. Sept. 7 while walking on East Broad Street.
* A woman told police she and her boyfriend were walking home on East Broad Street from a restaurant where she works when two men in a car stopped and pointed a gun at her.
The man with a gun said, "Give me your tips or I'll shoot you," police said. The woman was wearing a server's apron.
The woman handed the men her purse. When the woman's friend appeared to intervene, the other man in the car displayed a gun and threatened to shoot her friend, police said.
The robbers took property from her friend and fled.
The woman's purse contained no money. It had identification and a debit card, police said.
The two described the robbers. After releasing the information to other agencies, Whitehall police learned two similar-looking suspects committed a robbery in Bexley earlier the same day.
The woman's purse was recovered the next day in Columbus, police said, after a man found it discarded.
* A man told police two men robbed him at gunpoint Sept. 11 in the parking lot of Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
He told police he had agreed to meet two people in the parking lot to buy a video-game console. After he entered the robbers' vehicle at the store and several minutes later, one of the men pointed a gun at him and took $350.
* A theft was reported at 7:15 a.m. Sept. 5 in the 4700 block of East Broad Street.
* Police reported a theft at 12:55 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 800 block of South Yearling Road.
* A burglary was reported at 3:10 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 900 block of South Yearling Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 9:55 p.m. Sept. 6 at an apartment in the 4700 block of East Broad Street.
* A burglary was reported at 12:40 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 4500 block of Saint Margaret Lane. A 13-year-old boy was arrested for curfew violation.
* Police reported a burglary at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 8 at an apartment in the 5300 block of East Main Street.
* A 46-year-old woman was arrested at 2:35 p.m. Sept. 8 for criminal damaging in the 4100 block of Andrus Avenue.
* Police arrested a 46-year-old woman for disorderly conduct and public intoxication at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 8 at an apartment in the first block of South Yearling Road.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old woman for OVI, expired registration, driving with no license and child endangering at 11:50 p.m. Sept. 8 in the first block of North Hamilton Road.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old woman for criminal damaging at 11:45 a.m. Sept. 11 in the 300 block of South Yearling Road.
* A 51-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct, public intoxication and possessing an open container of alcohol at 5:20 p.m. Sept. 11 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road.
* A burglary was reported at 1 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 100 block of Schofield Drive.
* Police arrested a 23-year-old man for receiving stolen property at 4:50 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 700 block of Elaine Road.
* A breaking-and-entering incident was reported at 2:10 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 4800 block of East Main Street.
* A burglary was reported at 3 p.m. Sept. 13 at a residence in the 4600 block of Jae Avenue.