Man shot in leg during apparent robbery at El Mariachi restaurant
Whitehall police reported a 27-year-old Reynoldsburg man was shot in the left leg during an apparent robbery Oct. 10 at El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant, 4740 E. Main St.
Police responded to a report of shots fired and found the man in front of the restaurant. Whitehall medics transported him to Grant Medical Center.
The owner of the restaurant told police the man had been using his cellphone inside the restaurant and then walked outside, where men exited several different vehicles.
After hearing gunshots, the owner said, he went outside and saw the man had been shot and people were running in different directions.
Police interviewed the man at Grant Medical Center. The report indicated the man did not speak English but conveyed a group of about six or seven males approached him and demanded money.
The man has been at work in Lancaster and could not provide any additional information about the incident.
Police found shell casings at the scene and impounded a substance believed to be cocaine in connection with the investigation, according to the report.
In other Whitehall Division of Police incident reports:
* Police reported a robbery at 11 p.m. Oct. 14 at United Dairy Farmers, 4890 E. Main St.
An employee told police a man asked for cigarettes and then pointed a gun and demanded money.
The employee gave the man $15.
Police have linked the man to a pair of robberies in Grove City, Whitehall Sgt. Dan Kelso said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Jon Earl at 614-545-9697.
* A 20-year-old woman told police she was robbed at 7:15 p.m. Oct. 13 while delivering a pizza in the 3700 block of Palm Street.
After completing the delivery, a man and a woman threatened her with a knife and demanded her property. The two took $45 and a cellphone.
* A burglary was reported at 10:35 a.m. Oct. 10 at a residence in the 400 block of Shell Court East.
* Police arrested a 39-year-old man for criminal damaging at 9:20 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 600 block of Valerie Lane.
* A theft was reported at 11 a.m. Oct. 11 at an apartment in the 4600 block of East Broad Street.
* Police arrested a 46-year-old woman for receiving stolen property at 3:55 p.m. Oct. 11 at an apartment in the 3900 block of Andrus Avenue.
* A burglary was reported at 3:45 a.m. Oct. 12 at an apartment in the 3900 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 26-year-old man for attempted burglary, failure to comply with a police order and resisting arrest at 8:15 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 3900 block of Beechcreek Road.
* A burglary was reported at 3:40 p.m. Oct. 12 at a residence in the 3800 block of Brentwood Court.
* Police reported a burglary at 5:30 a.m. Oct. 14 at a residence in the 5000 block of Dimson Drive South.
* Police arrested an 18-year-old man for menacing and a 17-year-old boy for assault at 2:45 p.m. Oct. 14 in the first block of Collingwood Avenue.
* A burglary was reported at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 15 at an apartment in the 4600 block of Eastway Court.
* Police reported a burglary at 4:45 p.m. Oct. 15 at a residence in the 4600 block of Olde Bailey Way.
* Police arrested a 19-year-old man for theft, obstructing official business and resisting arrest at 2 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 3600 block of East Main Street.
* A theft was reported at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 17 in the 4800 block of Poth Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 8:30 p.m. Oct. 16 at South Yearling Road and Rickenbacker Avenue.