Township, Civil War connections discussed
The Truro Township area during the Civil War will be the topic of a presentation given at the Nov. 13 meeting of the Whitehall Historical Society at Whitehall Community Park, 400 N. Hamilton Road.
The presentation will follow a brief meeting of the society at 6:30 p.m.
John Hass, manuscript curator for the Ohio Historical Society, will speak.
Truro Township was established as part of a land grant to refugee Robert Taylor in 1810. Residents of the area that today is Whitehall were served by the township, including its school system.
Hass has co-written a book, To Battle for God and the Right: the Civil War Letter Books of Emerson Opdycke and an Ohio Historical Society publication entitled World War II in the Pacific: General Beightler and the Buckeye Division.
Meetings are open to the public.
For more information, contact the society at 206-309-8608.