Whitehall News

Adults, children escape Westphal Avenue blaze

Three adults and two children safely escaped an early-morning fire Saturday, Feb. 15, in the 400 block of Westphal Avenue.

Firefighters from Columbus and Mifflin Township joined Whitehall firefighters at the scene.

An occupant inside the Westphal Avenue residence called 911 at 3:40 a.m. Feb. 15, said Whitehall Fire Lt. John King.

The residence is uninhabitable and the family is living elsewhere, King said. There was no damage to any adjacent residences.

The cause of the fire is accidental, as it is believed to have started from candles left unattended, King said.

--KEVIN CORVO

Comments