Whitehall police arrested a 19-year-old Columbus man for receiving stolen property and failure to comply with police, and an 18-year-old man for receiving stolen property and obstruction of official business at 4:20 a.m. Feb. 25 following a vehicle and foot pursuit, reports said.
Police arrested Kyrel Wesley, 19, of Margaret Avenue for receiving stolen property and failure to comply in connection with a reported stolen car Wesley allegedly was driving when police attempted to stop him near East Main Street and Maplewood Avenue.
A passenger, Kaine Hogan, 18, of Atwood Terrace in Columbus was arrested after he fled from the vehicle on foot.
Police pursued Wesley, who was driving a 2006 Jeep Cherokee reported stolen, into Columbus on Towers Court, Waverly Road and Hampton Road, reports said. Wesley stopped in the 700 block of Hampton Road, and he and Hogan ran in opposite directions from the abandoned vehicle, police said.
Wesley was apprehended after a short foot chase.
Police were able to identify Hogan, who was apprehended a short time later, based on a video recording as he ran away from the vehicle, reports said.
Both suspects were transported to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police reported breaking and entering at 11:45 a.m. Feb. 21 at five locations at an apartment complex in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; and at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Thefts were reported at 1:25 a.m. Feb. 22 in the 700 block of South Hamilton Road; at 10:40 a.m. Feb. 23 in the 4100 block of East Main Street; and at 6:50 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive.
* Property destruction was reported at 8:20 a.m. Feb. 22 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue and at 1:35 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 300 block of Robinwood Avenue.
* Burglaries were reported at 3:10 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 5100 block of Etna Road; at 4:15 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 500 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 9 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 11:15 a.m. Feb. 25 in the 4500 block of Shell Court North; at 1:35 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 3:05 a.m. Feb. 26 at South Hamilton Road and Fairway Boulevard.
* An assault was reported at 2:20 a.m. Feb. 27 at an apartment in the 4600 block of Eastway Court.
* Police arrested a 35-year-old woman at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 21 for theft and possession of drugs in the 3600 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 20-year-old man at 4:35 a.m. Feb. 22 for assault at an apartment in the 400 block of South Yearling Road.
* Police arrested a 16-year-old boy for possession of criminal tools and complicity to theft, along with a 14-year-old boy for theft and obstructing official business, at 6:55 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street.