Whitehall police arrested a 25-year-old Columbus man for aggravated burglary at 8:45 a.m. Aug. 5 after police found him inside an apartment in the first block of Parklawn Boulevard.
Nehemiah D. Martin, 25, of Seymour Avenue is charged with one count of aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony.
Martin was arraigned Aug. 6 and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Aug. 15 in Franklin County Municipal Court.
On Aug. 5, a witness called police to describe a man believed to have suspiciously entered an apartment on Parklawn Boulevard. Officers observed Martin inside and arrested him without incident.
According to the report, Martin had in his pocket a spark plug wrapped in a napkin. Such an object is sometimes used to break windows, police said.
At the station, Martin made a phone call and reportedly admitted to the burglary.
"They caught me red-handed in the f------ house, bro," Martin reportedly said.
Police reported an odor of marijuana in the apartment when Martin was apprehended and observed narcotics inside the apartment.
Police also recovered a loaded .22-caliber revolver near a window in the apartment and also found marijuana.
The resident was contacted and told police the gun did not belong to "anyone living in the house," according to reports.
The report did not indicate whether ownership of the marijuana was determined.
Whitehall police arrested Martin in 2010 for aggravated robbery and in February 2014 for domestic violence and assault. Columbus police arrested Martin in 2008 for drug abuse, according to court records.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested Ebony F. Williams, 26, of Maryland Avenue for aggravated robbery, a third-degree felony, at 3 p.m. Aug. 3 at Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
Security officers at the store witnessed the woman shoplifting and detained her, reports said. The woman reportedly kicked one of the officers and punched him in the face.
The store issued an order prohibiting her from entering store property and she was transported to the Franklin County jail, police said.
* Police arrested two men, ages 24 and 18, for possession of drugs at 4:15 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue. Police had responded to a report of a person with a gun. No weapons-related charges were immediately filed.
* Police arrested a 46-year-old man for assault at 10 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
Police reported assaults at 12:10 p.m. July 31 at an apartment in the 1000 block of Great Oak Drive; at 8:50 p.m. July 31 in the 4000 block of Elbern Avenue; at 2:10 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 3:10 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue; and at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 1000 block of Bucknell Road.
* Burglaries were reported at 2:55 p.m. July 31 in the 1000 block of Bernard Road; at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 300 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 500 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:05 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 300 block of South Yearling Road; at 10:05 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 4400 block of Etna Road; and at 8:15 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 100 block of Beechwood Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 5 p.m. July 31 in the first block of Beechwood Road; at 8:50 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way; at 8:40 p.m. Aug. 3 in the first block of Maplewood Avenue; and at 3:55 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 3600 block of East Broad Street.
* Thefts were reported at 6:45 p.m. July 31 in the 900 block of Exeter Road; at 8:15 p.m. July 31 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 2:10 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 4400 block of Chandler Drive; at 10:40 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 5100 block of East Main Street; and at 11:25 a.m. Aug. 6 and 11:05 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 700 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police reported shots fired at 4 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 9 p.m. Aug. 3 at East Main Street and Shadylane Road; and at 9:45 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 4800 block of Poth Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 300 block of Barkley Place West; and at 6:45 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 800 block of Pierce Avenue.