Worthington: Woman accidentally shoots self in hip
A 26-year-old woman accidentally shot herself in the hip while withdrawing her gun from her waistband April 3.
According to the Worthington police report, the woman had to be transported to the Ohio State University Hospital emergency room by Worthington medics to be treated for her gunshot wound. The incident occurred in the first block of Glen Circle.
The woman has a concealed-carry permit, police said.
In other Worthington Division of Police reports:
* Overnight on March 31, thieves broke into vehicles belonging to two companies in the 6100 block of Huntley Road. Merchandise from both robberies was found stashed along nearby railroad tracks, presumably put there for later pickup.
* Between March 29 and April 1, someone attempted to break into a back door and a garage in the 600 block of Lakeview Plaza Boulevard.
* Approximately $300 worth of currency and coins were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Highland Avenue overnight on April 1.
* A rear door was forced open to break into a house in the 100 block of East Selby Boulevard between 9 and 11 a.m. April 3. Items stolen included a television, a DVD player, and a jewelry box.
* An intoxicated suspect struck a coworker, causing a black eye, in the first block of East Wilson Bridge Road at 11:45 a.m. April 5. The suspect was taken to the Franklin County Jail.
* Spools of cable valued at $300 were stolen from a business in the 6100 block of Huntley Road at 12:45 a.m. April 6.
* Words and pictures were spray-painted on the skate park at the Olentangy Parklands at 6 p.m. April 4. The suspects fled on foot.
* Overnight April 6, miscellaneous items valued at $26 were stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of East Stafford Avenue.