McConnell Arts Center
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
• Father-son act Tim and Myles Thompson from Nashville will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 18. The duo, featuring International Fingerstyle Guitar Champion Tim and composer/instrumentalist/singer Myles, performs originals and a wide range of cover tunes. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door, $5 for students, and free for children under age 12.
• The MAC will host a sing-along screening of Grease at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 21. Join Danny and Sandy with your own gang of T-Birds and Pink Ladies. Tickets are $3.
• Author Mary Kay Andrews will be featured as part of the Hear and Now Series co-sponsored by Worthington Libraries on Thursday, April 25. A reception begins at 6 p.m., with a reading following at 7 p.m.
Andrews is the author of a number of New York Times bestsellers, including Spring Fever, Summer Rental and The Fixer Upper.
• "Works in Wood," an exhibition by Melinda Rosenberg, will be on display at the MAC through May 5. Hanging contemporary sculptures mimic the forms of books, roofs or shields, all constructed with rough barn wood harvested from the disappearing Midwestern farm-scape.
Rosenberg will present a workshop from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, April 28. The workshop will cover the concept of play as it relates to making art. Bring your own material and a camera to record your art making.
• Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music.
Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club leads on the first and third Tuesdays.
Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" will perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.
• The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every other Friday. Read, share and offer feedback.