The following programs are offered by Worthington Libraries. Old Worthington Library is located at 820 High St., Northwest Library is located at 2280 Hard Road and Worthington Park Library is located at 1389 Worthington Centre Drive. Call 614-807-2626.
* Old Worthington Library and Worthington Park Library's homework help centers are open from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. The Northwest Library center is open from 4 to 7 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Each center has dedicated computers, courtesy printing of homework-related materials and library staff and volunteers to help students with school assignments.
* Through April 28, during the library's Food for Fines drive, donations of non-expired canned goods or boxed food items, unopened paper products and toiletries will be accepted as payment for overdue fines. Each item donated is worth $1 in fine credit (maximum $20) and will help the Worthington Food Pantry and Resource Center stock its shelves.
* The library and the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center will bring author Mary Kay Andrews to town at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 25. Tickets for her reading, which will be held at the MAC, can be purchased for $10 and are available at the MAC, 777 Evening St.; by phone at 614-431-0329; and online at mcconnellarts.org/ wp/events.
* Old Worthington Lib-rary's Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group will consider Julie Orringer's The Invisible Bridge at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 25.
* Bug-themed early literacy activities are planned for kids under the age of 5 during Drop In & Discover: Creepy Crawly. The Northwest Library program is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27.
* Open mic events, planned on Saturday, April 27, at Old Worthington Library will feature entrants in the library's recent poetry competition. Readings will start at 10 a.m. for entrants in the K-3 and 4-6 grade categories and at 2 p.m. for entrants in the adult and 7-12 grade categories.
* The Paris Wife by Paula McLain will be the topic of the Speaking Volumes discussion group at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 1, at Old Worthington Library.