The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. The MAC is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Late hours until 9 p.m. are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays. Building admission and parking are free. For information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
• "Focus on Five," an annual exhibition featuring graduating seniors from the Worthington school district, will be on display through May 5. Art teachers from Thomas Worthington High School, Worthington Kilbourne High School and Worthington Christian High School have chosen five talented students to show their work.
• MAC Songwriter Sampler will feature some of the area's finest singer-songwriters performing their own music. Eric Gnezda will host this concert, starting at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 2. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door ($5 for students/ages 12 and younger free).
• "Works in Wood," an exhibition by Melinda Rosenberg, will be on display at the MAC through May 5. Hanging contemporary sculptures mimic the forms of books, roofs or shields, all constructed with rough barn wood harvested from the disappearing Midwestern farm-scape.
• BalletMet Columbus and the Mac present Young BalletMet back @ the MAC at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 9. Young academy and pre-professional BalletMet dancers will present a varied program. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door ($5 for students/ages 12 and younger free).
• National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame inductee Thom Bresh will perform in concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 11. Bresh's instrument of choice is a custom-made, two-sided Langejans SuperDualette, which he calls "my band." Tickets are $25 online, $35 at the door.
• A concert of "Chamber Music for Clarinet and Strings" will be presented at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 16. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door ($5 for students/ages 12 and younger free).