McConnell Arts Center
The following programs, classes and events are offered by the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington, 777 Evening St. For more information, visit mcconnellarts.org or call 614-431-0329.
* BalletMet Columbus and the Mac present Young BalletMet back @ the MAC at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 9. Young academy and pre-professional BalletMet dancers will present a varied program. Tickets are $8 online, $10 at the door ($5 for students/ages 12 and younger free).
* Ohioana Book Festival Author Carla Buckley will present a reading at the MAC as part of the festival on Thursday, May 9. A reception begins at 7 p.m., with reading to follow. The event is free. Buckley is a past Thriller Award nominee for Best First Novel and is current Vice President of the International Thriller Writers. Her latest book, Invisible, will be available for signing.
* The MAC writers group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every other Friday. Read, share and offer feedback. The next gathering is set for May 12.
* Coffee House Jams are held at the MAC from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday. Grab a cup of coffee, fire up a laptop or just hang out in the gallery and listen to music. Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club leads on the first and third Tuesdays. Matt Ellis and the jazz orchestra "Standard Time" will perform on the second Tuesday of every month. Adam Schlenker and his guitar take over on fourth Tuesdays.
* National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame inductee Thom Bresh will perform in concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 11. Bresh's instrument of choice is a custom-made, two-sided Langejans SuperDualette, which he calls "my band." Tickets are $25 online, $35 at the door.