Worthington: Burglaries reported on East Selby, Worthington-Galena
Three apartments in the first block of East Selby Boulevard were burglarized between noon and 2 p.m. May 3.
Entry was forced and electronics and other items were stolen. Loss was estimated at $7,056.
Overnight May 3, a residence in the 6800 block of Worthington-Galena Road was burglarized.
Entry was made by prying open a rear door. Copper piping and bathroom fixtures were stolen. Loss was estimated at $7,056.
In other Worthington Division of Police incidents:
* Two cases of misuse of a credit card or checking-account information were reported to police.
On April 29, a resident of the 1000 block of Beechview Drive reported a checking-account compromise. Information was used to write a check to Kmart for $303.
* On May 4, a resident of the 200 block of Bryant Avenue reported fraudulent activity on a credit card that was used in Illinois.
* On April 29, a resident of the 300 block of East Stafford Avenue reported attempting to buy a bulldog online. She sent the money, but the site was a scam.
* Cables and computer monitors valued at $7,810 were stolen from a vehicle parked at Storage Inns, 580 E. Granville Road, between April 24 and May 1.
* A zoning violation was reported in the 700 block of Wesley Court, where repairs had been made to a deck without a building permit.
* On May 2 at 1:57 p.m., police arrested a 27-year-old man for masturbating in public at Wilson Hill Park, He was issued a summons.
* A man attempted to pay his bill with a possibly counterfeit $100 bill at a bar in the 6100 block of Huntley Road.